Sunday, July 27, 2008

Makes it all worth while


I have written in the past about how difficult it can be to part with a painting. They are like children, and I have never sold a painting without experiencing a bit of regret and certainly sadness. There is always a huge dose of "I want it back" going on... haha

However, I sold The Second Sacrifice this past week. I must admit it was even more difficult that most, as the painting was only about a month old. It was a newborn... Can you imagine handing over your newborn for a check? Arg........ HOWEVER, I am so delighted with my paintings new mom. She is absolutely wonderful and has sent me a picture of my newborn hanging on her wall. She has gone above and beyond to give my baby a beautiful nursery and a wonderful home. This, my friends is what being an artist is all about. To know that you can bring joy into someones life. She is delighted and I, therefore, am ecstatic!!

Makes it all worthwhile.

No comments: