Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Sacrifice of Elizabeth the First




Well, I did it. I struggled with the detail in this painting, although to some, it may not be much detail at all... but for me, it was tuff. Especially in the oils. I look at it sometimes, and like it, and other times, I see nothing but all the mistakes. Oh well, the nature of the beast???

My next 2 paintings will be quite different. I want to do a painting of the Armenian genocide of 1915. I am a bit worried about that painting too, as it has landscape in it, and I am not confident at all when it comes to painting land. The other painting will be a normal for me. I want to call it Bird of Prey. It will be about a woman who devours men. Got the idea from a "friend" of mine, who has in insatiable appetite for mens attention!! Geeze, hope she dosent find this and read it... haha. Although, she will never think I could be talking about her....

Anyway, I have a show tomorrow nite, and a gallery opening this coming Sunday. I may knock out a small painting today to take to the show tomorrow nite. Something silly, and inexpensive. I am tired. The Queen Elizabeth took it out of me... haha

Hope to be posting the new paintings within the next few weeks...

No comments: