Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The Queen

I saw the movie this past week, "Elizabeth" with Kate Blanchette. I was totally taken with the film, especially its scenery, and Ms. Blanchette was quite convincing. I was left feeling quite regal and with an immense desire to paint "the Queen".

The thing that impressed me the most about Elizabeth was her willingness to throw away her personal life, including the only love of her life, and to "marry" England. She cut off her hair, applied pasty white makeup so as to appear like stone, and announced to the court (who insisted that she marry) that she was married to England. I think she was stupid, but I am still impressed. This is why she was a queen, and I never will be.

I tried to forget about this painting, as it would be quite a challenge. I dont even know if I have the ability to do such a painting. I suppose if I get in over my head, that I could modify it somewhat. All I know is that I am compelled to do it. I will put my own twists in the painting, as afterall, I am the artist... lol.

I hope to have the painting in the gallery in the next two weeks. It will take a bit of time, with all the detail that will be in it. I hope that it is successful. I look forward to trying.

No comments: