Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Agoraphobia ... aka Imprisonment


Most of you dont know me personally, but I have suffered with agoraphobia most of my life. It has robbed me of most of lifes experiences and opportunities. I have gotten better, but driving still seems to be a minor issue. Hopefully, the day will come when that no longer plagues me either.

I wanted to try and do a painting of agoraphobia.. Tons of dark and scary images popped into my mind, but eventually I decided on this one. I think it shows what I want but without being so dark!! Oh, and for those of you who dont know what agoraphobia is, it is the fear of going outside. It is fear. Paralizing fear.

Anyway, this is my feeble attempt at painting a phobia. I hope if you dont understand it, at least you enjoy the image!!

No comments: