Friday, May 15, 2009

Two weekend art shows!!


Well, for the last two weekends I have been quite busy with art shows. The first weekend, I was in the annual Spring show at Jerrys Artarama. It is an annual event, keeping the number of artists down to around 20. It was a fairly successful show, and the best news ever, was that I won 1st place! I cried. I never expected this win, as there were so many talented people there! Here is a pic of the ribbon... and NO I have not been drinking.... haha... Just drunk with joy!

This past weekend I did the Gosport Art Festival in Olde Towne, in Portsmouth. There were over 130 artists and so much talent everywhere!! I sold 9 paintings, and a few pieces of my jewelry and lots of prints. I met so many interesting and lovely people there. Although I hate lugging tents and racks and worrying about the weather in these outdoor events, I love meeting the people, the atmosphere, and of course the greasy food from the attending vendors. I hope all of you local people will come out this August to the Seawall show, and say hi!!

1 comment:

Meera Rao said...

Congratulations! your paintings are delightfully mysterious!