Thursday, October 15, 2009

Best in Show Ribbon




Yes, I am elated, humbled, shocked, and even giggly! I was so amazed that I won Best in Show at the CBAA Ocean View Show. There were over 60 artists there, all of whom had amazing art. For my work to be chosen in such a traditional show was a miracle in and of itself! It not only made me feel accepted, but it also made me feel like I was helping the tons of artists here locally who paint "outside of the box". Perhaps Virginia is finally beginning to accept alternative art. Art that depicts something other than beach scenes and ballet dancers.

The painting that won is entitled, A Game of Chess. It makes a statement about God, and his sometimes seemingly unavailability. Please go to the website and have a look at it. It is still available for sale...

Again, I am so humbled by this award... wonders just never cease!!

No comments: